Puppy Sales Contract
This contract is between ________________________________________, herein after referred to as “Seller/Breeder” and__________________________________, herein after referred to as “Buyer”. In consideration of payment in full of the purchase price by Buyer to Seller, Seller agrees to transfer to Buyer, subject to the terms and conditions contained in this contract, the ownership of one ___________ (sex) ___________________(breed) puppy, herein after referred to as “Puppy”(regardless of age), from the mating of the sire and dam identified below.
This is to certify on __________________________ the sale of one American Bully puppy for the sum of ______________ took place between the seller, ________________ and the buyer.
DESCRIPTION OF DOG:
Date Whelped: ______________________________Color: ___________________
Place of Birth: ________________________________Sex: ___________________
Litter registration #____________________________
Sire: _____________________________________Registration #______________
Dam: ____________________________________Registration #_______________
Name of Registry: ______________________________________
Type of Registration: Limited ________ Full ________
CONDITIONS OF SALE:
Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is the deposit refundable…
1. A licensed veterinarian must check this puppy within 48 hours after the puppy is picked up. A copy of the vet exam must be sent to the Breeder within 2 weeks of receiving the puppy or this contract is null and void. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Breeder guarantees this puppy to be in good health at the time of pick up or delivery. The Seller will provide a vaccination record of the purchased puppy/dog. If the puppy/dog is due for vaccinations, and the Buyer(s) fails to provide vaccinations on that day, and the puppy contracts diseases that would otherwise be prevented by those vaccinations then this guarantee is null and void.
3. Seller does not guarantee against hypoglycemia or any other common health issues such as diarrhea, wormy stool, coccidiosis, ear mites, external parasites, cherry eyes, demodectic mange, and stress due to shipping or new environment.
4. The Seller shall not be responsible for any medical costs incidental to the puppy after Buyer(s) receives the puppy. Seller guarantees the above-described puppy to be healthy at the time of sale. Seller does not assume any liability for any injury to said puppy after the time of sale. If there is a problem with the puppy, Seller's Veterinarian and Buyer(s) Veterinarian must agree health reasons existed before time of purchase, provided the puppy has been properly cared for in Buyer(s) possessions.
5. If puppy dies with 24 hours of purchase, Buyer(s) must have a necropsy performed by a licensed Veterinarian at Buyer(s) expense to determine cause of death. If cause of death is due to problems existed before the time of purchase and after Seller's Veterinarian has examined the puppy, a replacement puppy is given. The replacement puppy will be of equal value. A replacement puppy will only take place if the above puppy has been properly cared for in Buyer(s) possession. No cash refund will be given and UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL A REPLACEMENT OF A PUPPY TAKE PLACE IF THE ABOVE CONDITIONS ARE NOT MET. If no puppy of equal value is available, the purchase price of the said puppy will be put toward the price of one that is available. Buyer will be responsible for the difference in the prices.
6. Seller is not responsible for immunity level, mites, pneumonia, mange, heatstroke, ringworm, conjunctivitis, fleas, ticks, and ear infections once puppy has left Sellers hands. Buyer is responsible for keeping their puppy away from contaminated areas, out of the heat and cold drafty places.
7. Minor health problems that can be cured by medication or surgery are not covered by ANY guarantee.
8. Any complications from ear cropping and taping are not covered under this contract.
9. The Seller shall provide the registration certificates (individual) to the Buyer(s) for each puppy. If the certificates have not been received from the registries at the time of sale, the Seller will provide the Buyer evidence that the registrations have been applied for, and upon receipt from the registries, the Seller will forward the certificates to the respective Buyer(s).
10. If Buyer plans to show said puppy, there is no guarantee that the puppy will become a champion. If Buyer plans to breed said puppy, there is no guarantee about the puppy's fertility.
11. The Buyer(s) agrees to provide annual vet exams, including heart worm checks and preventatives, to do all vaccinations yearly, and keep the records. Failure to comply with and provide documentation of these requirements voids all guarantees. The Buyer(s) further warrants that the puppy will be kept in appropriate conditions for its health and welfare. Puppy will be fed a suitable diet for its age and condition. Puppy will receive regular booster vaccinations. Puppy will receive all necessary veterinary care to maintain its good health. Remember to keep your puppy clean.
12. If you are purchasing one of our puppies, it shall be dewormed at 2, 3, 4, and 6 weeks of age. Their first sets of shots are at 6 weeks.
13. I, as the seller, further guarantee your puppy for (1 Year) from the date of his or her birth against life threatening congenital defects meaning the puppy will die because of this defect. If within that time a life threatening congenital defect is found, seller will replace this puppy with another puppy of equal quality and sex. No money will be refunded. Also your puppy must have all needed vaccinations by a licensed veterinarian and currently be on heart worm preventative. In the unlikely event of your puppy's death in (1 Year), from the date of birth due to a life threatening congenital defects, a signed statement from a licensed veterinarian confirming such an event and an autopsy is required. Please note that under no circumstances will I the seller be responsible for veterinary or medical bills incurred. Autopsy must be paid by the (Buyer). If puppy dies within one year of birth then a necropsy must be performed by a DVM and results must be sent to the Seller in writing, before a replacement puppy will be considered...the results of the necropsy will determine whether a replacement puppy will be given. If no puppy of equal value is available, the purchase price of the said puppy will be put toward the price of one that is available. Buyer will be responsible for the difference in the prices.
14. No replacement for temperament is given, as this is environmental and the Buyer(s) responsibility. As responsible breeders expect that this puppy is properly socialized and attend puppy obedience classes. As breeders we do everything possible as to produce dogs of sound mind (temperament) and body. Some responsibility is the Buyer(s) as to proper feeding, exercise, socializing, and training, of which all have a bearing on the end results of a sound adult dog. Seller(s) are not responsible for any damage to property that the puppy might do at any given age.
15. Pet quality puppies will be sold with limited registration or no papers and MUST BE spayed/neutered by 9 months of age. A copy of spay/neuter with written veterinarian signature and phone number must be provided to the seller within 10 days of spay/neuter. If puppy is not spayed/neutered by 9 months of age, this contract is null and void and the Seller has the right to take legal action for the return of the puppy.
16. Show/Breeding quality puppies are sold with full registration, which allows the breeding of the puppy at the appropriate age. Terms/conditions to this are that all females are NOT to be bred before their 2nd heat cycle.
17. The said puppy should also be named with our kennel name at the beginning of the name. We require the initials GNB’s (GNB Kennels). Example: GNB Spice". This is required so that we can keep up with our bloodline as well as all of our puppies.
This contract contains the entire agreement between the parties and no statement or verbal agreements made by either party that are not contained in this written contract shall be valid or binding. This contract may not be modified or altered except in writing and signed by both parties. Violations of this Contract will constitute a BREACH of CONTRACT, prosecutable by law, and may result in mandatory confiscation and return of the said puppy to the Seller. If for any reason there should be a dispute, all proceedings are to take place inside the Cuyahoga County, OH district.
I have read and understand the stipulations of the Contract and voluntarily agree to all elements, stipulations, and provisions herein.
Printed Name of Buyer: _______________________________________________
Buyer Signature: ___________________________________ Date: _____________
Phone Number:________________ Email Address:___________________________
Printed name of Co-Buyer: _____________________________________________
Co-Buyer Signature:_________________________________Date: ____________
Printed Name of Seller: _______________________________________________
Signature of Seller: __________________________________ Date: ____________